New Patient? Welcome to Advanced Eyecare Center In Manhattan Beach!
Our experienced team of eye doctors would like to welcome you to Advanced Eyecare Center in Manhattan Beach and Redondo Beach! It’s our pleasure to help you and your loved ones maintain healthy eyes and good vision. If you’re scheduled for a first-time eye exam or consultation with one of our optometrists, we recommend that you read through this brief patient guide to prepare for your visit.
5 Things To Bring For Your First Visit With Our Optometrists In Manhattan Beach And Redondo Beach
In order to provide you with the best and most comprehensive eye care services, we need to have a “big picture” idea of your current health status. That said, we know you’re busy, so our optometry staff does everything we can to streamline the eye exam process as much as possible. You can help us by coming to your appointment these 5 important things:
- Information about your current and past medical history, including your vision health history. We may also need to ask certain questions about your family history, as well.
- Insurance cards and/or other means of payment.
- A list of all your current medications, vitamins, and supplements.
- Any corrective eyewear you have, including eyeglasses and/or contact lenses–even if you can’t see well with them. Our eye doctors can glean a lot of information from old prescriptions, which is helpful for determining your best course of treatment.
- A written list of any questions or concerns you may have about your or your loved one’s vision. We find that many patients have a lot of questions, but tend to forget them once they enter the examination room! We encourage you to jot down your thoughts beforehand to ensure that all your questions are answered.
A Few Requests And Recommendations
- If you need to cancel or reschedule your eye exam for any reason, please call at least 24 hours ahead of time to let our eye doctors know.
- This is LA–traffic happens! If you’re running late, call us as soon as possible. This helps us rearrange other appointments as necessary to ensure all our patients are seen. We may ask you reschedule for another day or time if you miss your scheduled appointment time.
- Remember to check with your health insurance company to know what will and won’t be covered during your visit.
- When scheduling your appointment, be sure to ask our reception staff which vision plans and insurances we accept. Currently, we welcome VSP (Vision Service Plan), EyeMed, MESC (Medical Eye Care Services), and Medicare. We do not accept Medi-cal.
- As part of your intake, you’ll receive a page detailing your patient rights under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). This includes the right to your medical records and the right to privacy. Please read this and other intake forms carefully and sign where appropriate.
Call Our Optometrist Team in Manhattan Beach Today!
Our experienced and caring eye doctors want all our patients to feel welcome and comfortable at Advanced Eyecare Center! For routine eye exams, corrective eyewear fittings, vision therapy, and more, call our optometrist team in Redondo Beach at 310-373-3191 or our optometrist team in Manhattan Beach at 310-321-6990.